The Institutes of Gastroenterology are regarded as one of the best & top gastroenterology hospital in Purvanchal. We are dedicated to the management of diseases of the digestive and hepatobiliary systems in children and adults. The gastroenterology offers expert care in both Medical and Surgical Gastroenterology. This Hospital possess modern state of art equipment backed by advanced intensive care units.
Gastroenterology Diseases and Conditions:
Gastroenterology essentially addresses diseases of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and liver. The functioning of the entire digestive system, both related to the passage of food through the digestive canal to the physiological processes of food digestion, absorption and elimination come under the purview of this specialty.
It includes the medical and surgical treatment of diseases such as colon polyps, gastrointestinal cancer, Hepatitis jaundice, cirrhosis of the liver, gastroesophageal reflux (heartburn), peptic ulcer disease, colitis, Diarrhea, Malabsorption, gallbladder and biliary tract disease, nutritional problems, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), pancreatitis, etc.
- The latest Endoscopic procedures are done for gastrointestinal bleed, gastrointestinal cancers, foreign body removal, ERCP, Stenting for Cancer and Spinture etc. Endosonography and Capsule Endoscopy are available too.
- The Gastroenterologist manages major treatments related to gastrointestinal problems of the intestines, pancreas and hepatobiliary tract [liver and gallbladder] including cancers, many of them through Minimal Access surgery Gastro Surgeon.
Gastro Liver Problems:
- Cerosis of liver diseases
- Ulcerative colitis
- Blood in vomiting and blood in stool
- Obstruction/ Stone in duct of Gall Bladder/Pancreas
- Loose motion, Blood in Stool, Loss of appetite
- Jaundice, Hepatitis B/C, Black Jaundice
- Throat obstruction, difficulty in swallowing, vomiting
- Pus/Ulcer in liver, Fatty liver
- Weight loss, pain abdomen, constipation
- Alcohol related liver problems, swollen Pancreas (Pancreatitis)
- Gas formation, indigestion, burning sensation in chest
- Endoscopy Section
- Binding, glue injection, sclerotherapy, clip
- Putting stent in food pipe/ Gall Bladder duct
- Putting food pipe is stomach or intestine in case of obstruction
- Riles tube, Nasojejunal tube, peg tube fixation
- Endoscopy (Children & Adult) Oral / Anal, ERCP & Biopsy
- Coin, battery or any other foreign body removal from abdomen without surgery
- Removal of Polyp from intestine without painful surgery
- Food pipe disorders
- Removal of stone/ Obstruction from Gall Bladder
- Putting stent in Gall bladder duct
- Liver biopsy
- Abdominal tapping
- FibroScan is a pain-free, non-invasive examination of the liver, providing physicians with both liver stiffness and liver fat scores in a single 10-minute procedure.
- A rapid, non-invasive, point of care liver examination.
- FibroScan is a non-invasive technology that quickly provides a quantitative assessment of liver stiffness and liver fat at the point of care.
- As part of an overall patient assessment, FibroScan-based scores can be used to efficiently rule out the need for further assessment, like a painful liver biopsy, saving time and resources for people who do not require additional assessment for end-stage liver disease.